Zapier Integration Install Guide
SaaSquatch’s integration with Zapier will allow you to build Zaps around different actions in your Growth Automation Programs as well as use Zaps to trigger actions in your SaaSquatch programs, such as creating users and rewards, or triggering events.
🔗 Beta Release:
Our Zapier Integration is currently in beta; access to the integration is by invite only. If you would like to obtain access, please contact our Success Team and provide us with the email address(es) associated with your SaaSquatch account and Zapier account (if it is different). We will then email you an invite from Zapier with access.
🔗 Connecting SaaSquatch with Zapier
To connect SaaSquatch with Zapier, you will need to authenticate your SaaSquatch account from within Zapier using the following steps:
- Login to your Zapier account and select ‘My Apps’ from the top of the page.
- Select “SaaSquatch” under the “Connect a new account…” section. You will be prompted to enter in your SaaSquatch ID (email address) and password.
- Note: This is the same information you use to log into the SaaSquatch Portal to see your programs and program settings.
- Congratulations! Your SaaSquatch account is now connected with Zapier and you can begin making Zaps.
🔗 Using SaaSquatch as a trigger for Zaps
🔗 To create a Zap using SaaSquatch as a trigger:
- Click on the red ‘Make a Zap’ button in your Zapier dashboard (orange button, top-right).
- Under “1. When this happens…” select the SaaSquatch app (you may have to search for it).
- Choose the type of event that you would like to trigger you zap from the dropdown menu.
- Under “Choose Account” you will need to select the SaaSquatch account that you’ve linked with Zapier. Click “Continue”.
- Next you will need to select a tenant. You should see two listed: test and live. We highly recommend building your Zap initially in your test tenant, and switching to live once you have confirmed it is working as intended. Click “Continue”.
- If you want to review the data that Zapier pulls from SaaSquatch, click the “Test & Review” button, if you just want to proceed with making the Zap, you can click “Test & Continue”.
- Finish setting up your Zap by creating the actions that are performed when the trigger is activated.
🔗 Using Zapier to perform actions in SaaSquatch
You can also use Zaps from Zapier to perform the following actions in your SaaSquatch programs using data pulled from the previous step(s):
- Create/update users - Allows you to create and update users in the selected tenant based on the parameters you pass through.
- Create rewards for users - Allows you to create reward for a specified user in the selected tenant.
- Create event - Allows you to create custom events for a specified user in the selected tenant.
🔗 To create a Zap that performs an action in SaaSquatch:
- Click on the red “Make a Zap” button in your Zapier dashboard (orange button, top-right).
- Configure the first step(s) that will trigger the zap and collect the relevant information you need to perform the action in SaaSquatch.
- Create a “2. Do this…” step and select “SaaSquatch” as the app, then choose the action (event) you wish to perform in SaaSquatch.
- You will then be provided with fields to populate pertaining to the event that you have chosen. You can either hardcode the information in the fields or populate them from information you gathered earlier in the zap using the “Insert a Field” button to the right of the field.
- Note that you may need to click on the “Refresh Fields” button to get the specific fields based on what you have selected.
- Once you have set up the fields, proceed with testing the event.
- Note that when updating a user or creating rewards or events, the test result from SaaSquatch may be that the user isn’t found. This is because an existing user in SaaSquatch must be present for these events to take place.
🔗 Task History
You should regularly check your ‘Task History’ page on Zapier as any error messages sent from SaaSquatch to Zapier are stored there. If you notice an event wasn’t completed in SaaSquatch, you should isolate and review the associated task in Zapier for any messages from SaaSquatch that may explain why the task didn’t complete successfully.
🔗 Some Zap Ideas
🔗 From SaaSquatch:
- Send a Slack message to your internal team every time a referral converts.
- Create a new spreadsheet row in a Google Sheets doc for each new referral that comes in
- Set up Mailchimp to send out an email to a new referral participant using that user’s share links and/or referral codes
- Use Typeform to automatically send out a survey link to participants after they receive a reward.
- Setup automated reward fulfillment in PayPal or Stripe.
- Attributing Referrals using a CRM like Hubspot or Zoho.
🔗 To SaaSquatch:
- Pull in order details from Shopify or Square and send out purchase events to SaaSquatch.
- Pass through user upserts, events and custom fields from your CRM like Hubspot or Zoho.
- Attributing Referrals in SaaSquatch from a CRM
- Referral conversion or reward triggering based on events from another platform